On the 23rd of Rabīʿ Al-Awwal, His Excellency King Khalid University Rector, Prof. Falleh R. M. Al-Solamy, led the Third University Council Meeting for the 2018 Fall Semester. His Excellency the Secretary-General of the Interim Committee, Dr. Mohammad bin Abdulaziz Al-Saleh, university vice rectors, and faculty deans were in attendance.
Rector Al-Solamy began the occasion by thanking Allah and praising Prophet Muhammad - peace be upon him. Following after, Vice Rector of Graduate Studies and Scientific Research, Dr. Saad Al-Amry, reviewed the meeting agenda. The topics of discussion included:
- The approval of the new scholarship admission conditions for foreign students;
- The approval of a new undergraduate psychology program in the College of Psychology;
- The approval of a new graduate program in the College of Sharia and Fundamentals of Religion;
- The establishment of the 'Volunteer Work University Center' to replace the 'Community Service and Partnership Unit';
- New conditions and requirements for the proposed postgraduate programs to take effect in 1441 AH;
- The promotion of university employees.
It was noted that this meeting was convened to enhance academic performance in accord with the Kingdom's national programs.