First: administrative and financial affairs
1. The Presidency of the Council of the department and supervision of the organization affairs and the invitation to attend its meetings and the implementation of its decisions and send the minutes of its meetings to the dean of the college.
2.The high aims and policies at the university.
3. Implementation of the Faculty Council decisions regarding the department.
4. Supervise the preparation of the strategic plan for the department and follow up their implementation.
5. Oversee the management of the educational affairs section, research, administrative, financial, and cultural
6. Section overseeing the development of administrative, academic, and research.
7. format the partition relations and development within and outside the university.
8. Oversee the provision of all the requirements of section educational, research, management, and finance.
9.Supervision to raise the quality and level of development outcomes.
10. Implementation of Section Council resolutions and follow-up.
11. authorizing him to do what the powers by the dean of the college.
12. submit reports to the dean of the college all Maiga from a faculty member - and equivalents - of breach of the required duties, or any other irregularities.
13. to report on the progress of graduate studies in the department to the Dean, and Dean of Graduate Studies at the end of each academic year.
Second: Academic Affairs
1. Provide a full report on educational trips for scholarship and implemented if within the UK and under the supervision section, and submit it to the College Board.
2. oversee the functioning of the educational process and the implementation of its plans and the development of academic programs in the department.
3. The application of quality systems and regulations, evaluation, and academic accreditation.
4. supervise the various student activities department.
5. monitor the performance of the exams, and adjust the system within the department.
6. supervise the academic development process in the department.
7. prepare a comprehensive annual report on the progress of the study of academic, administrative and research and performance in the section and submit it to the Dean of the College.
8. supervision of attracting faculty members of the department.
9. raising committee discussing theses report to the Dean of Graduate Studies in the period not to exceed three weeks from the date of the debate.
10. propose a faculty member of the faculty member in charge of the course puts the body to the ultimate test with the decision to require questions when needed.